Today we announced QuickBooks 2011 for Mac, and I’m thrilled to report that it includes a multi-user solution – our top requested feature from users! With the multi-user solution, which includes user permission controls, small business owners will be able to delegate important accounting tasks to others in the company, and really focus on driving their businesses forward. You’ll see that saving small businesses time was our guiding principle in the development of Quickbooks 2011 for Mac.
QuickBooks 2011 for Mac will be available for purchase on Sept. 27 (more information here). Here’s a sneak peek of what’s new:
Scale the Back Office as You Grow
- Multi-User Access allows up to five employees to simultaneously view and edit QuickBooks data files.
- User Permissions lets small businesses determine who can work in up to eight accounting activity areas. In addition, iChat integration allows logged-in users to communicate with each other using QuickBooks to avoid crossed wires.
- Mileage Tracking enables users to log their job-related auto mileage for reimbursement on customer invoices and at tax time, giving small businesses a better understanding of job costs.
- Register Sorting allows users to find specific transactions faster by easily sorting account registers by date, type, number, amount, and other fields.
- Export Report Data seamlessly to either Excel or Numbers.
- Little Square is a free, online magazine with videos, articles and other resources that helps users learn the ins and outs of QuickBooks for Mac.
Customize for Your Needs
- Layout Designer offers improved, ready-made templates to give users the ability to create customized forms for estimates, invoices and more. New tools simplify image cropping and field alignment to create a unique, professional look.
- Customize Reports allows users to more easily create custom reports with a modern look using familiar Mac-like tools.
I’m excited for you to get your hands on it and tell us what you think!