Did you know that some 93 percent of U.S. consumers turn to the Internet to find local businesses? I know I’m definitely one of them. So what does that mean for you as a small business owner? For one thing, it means that you better make sure that you not only have a website, but that customers can easily find you online.
We here at Intuit at here to help. We’ve added new capabilities to our Website service at the same affordable price. The first month is free, with subscription prices starting at $4.99 per month afterward.
A new version of our do-it-yourself website building tool provides you with the essential tools to get up and running quickly. It lets you customize your website to reflect the uniqueness of your businesses. Key features include:
- Tailor-fit designs: With more than 2,000 templates available, you can easily customize your choice to reflect your unique businesses.
- Easy-to-use functionality: Drag-and-drop website elements make it simple to place pictures and text on the page. Step-by-step navigation logically guides you as you build their website.
- Social network integration: You can increase your visibility on social networks such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn by embedding “follow me” buttons. You can also extend the reach of your website by encouraging your visitors to share news and reviews about them on Facebook via a “Facebook Like” button. Additionally, you can easily add and manage a blog as a way to communicate with customers and keep your website content fresh.
- E-commerce capabilities: If you are an online merchant, you can create your own e-store, complete with shopping carts and easy payment options.
- Browser-based tool: You have the flexibility to manage your website anytime, anywhere. The service supports Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
If you need extra assistance, our team of Web Advisors are available seven days a week to provide expert guidance at any step in the process. This service is included in the monthly fee. The Web Advisors are U.S.-based and can provide help with Intuit’s website tools, offer design tips and suggest online marketing tactics to get more customers to your website. Most of them have previously either owned or worked in small businesses, so can offer advice based on experience.
“Intuit Websites is so easy, anybody can use it! As an added benefit, Intuit’s Web Advisors provided the hand-holding I needed to get my website up and running, and then helped me figure out the best ways to get more traffic to my website,” said Kelli Motsinger, owner of Little Kelli’s Playhouse Childcare & Preschool in Oxford, Mich. “We now get about 75 percent of our new customers from the website.”
After creating your website, you can sign up for additional services to help attract customers. Intuit’s WebListings service submits business information to more than 100 major local search sites to help local customers find the business.
Other services include search engine optimization, which improves the visibility of a website in search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing, and e-mail marketing, which enables you to send e-mails directly to targeted lists of customers.
Additionally, our Online Marketing Toolkit offers advice for those of you who are interested in learning more about online marketing strategies and tactics. The free online resource shares best practices and real-life small business success stories. Topics range from “Building a Website” to “Search Engine Marketing” and “Social Marketing.”