The Affordable Care Act will soon be the law of the land. Take this short quiz to build up your health law knowledge. (Don’t peek — answers are at the bottom of the page!)
1. When will the Affordable Care Act go into effect?
A. March 1, 2010
B. October 1, 2013
C. January 1, 2014
2. Who is “required” to get health insurance under the new law?
A. Every American, with a few exceptions
B. Employees who work for large businesses
C. Every U.S. citizen
3. What is the tax penalty if you don’t have health insurance in 2014?
A. 5% of individual income
B. Greater of $95 per adult ($285 per family) or 1% of family income
4. Which employers are required to provide health insurance to their employees?
A. All employers
B. Employers with 100 or more employees
C. No employers
D. Employers with 50 or more full-time employees
5. What is the definition of a full-time employee?
A. W-2 employees who work 30 hours or more per week
B. W-2 employees who work 40 hours or more per week
C. Salaried W-2 employees
D. 1099 contractors
To find out more about the new health law and what it means for your employees, visit Intuit’s page on affordable health benefits.
1C, 2A, 3B, 4D, 5A